[x3d-public] Support for specular maps (and more) in view3dscene, and Blender exporter to CommonSurfaceShader

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri May 5 17:14:51 PDT 2017

> On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 5:34 AM, Michalis Kamburelis
> <michalis.kambi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Very nice. I forked and updated the examples in cors branch to use https
>> > and
>> > a x3dom crossOrigin field for loading the textures with rawgit. As a
>> > result
>> > the examples now are live on these rawgit links:
>> >

>> > https://github.com/andreasplesch/demo-models/blob/cors/common_surface_shader/x3dom/live_links.md
>> >
>> > for example:
>> >

>> > https://rawgit.com/andreasplesch/demo-models/cors/common_surface_shader/x3dom/leaf.html
>> >

>> This is great, this makes them comfortable to view online! I applied
>> your changes:)
>>

> I am experimenting a bit more with the common surface shader examples.
> Making the point light source dynamic shows off the detail of the
> pseudo-relief of the normaltexture:
> https://rawgit.com/andreasplesch/demo-models/css-x3dom/common_surface_shader/x3dom/leaf.html
> https://rawgit.com/andreasplesch/demo-models/css-x3dom/common_surface_shader/x3dom/rust_metal_ambient_texture.html
> https://rawgit.com/andreasplesch/demo-models/css-x3dom/common_surface_shader/x3dom/rust_metal_shininess_texture.html
> https://rawgit.com/andreasplesch/demo-models/css-x3dom/common_surface_shader/x3dom/synthetic_metal_textures_specular_map.html
>
> The great textures deserve highlighting :)

Yes!

You did it first:) I had recorded in my TODO file to do "either an
animation of light or a PlaneSensor to move the light". Indeed --- the
effect of these textures is most awesome when the light source is
moving relative to the lit object. In my view3dscene, I used the "Edit
-> Edit Lights" feature to move the light at runtime and test this.

I browse the changes from your andreasplesch:css-x3dom branch, and
merged them all to my demo-models master branch:)

Thank you!
Michalis