[x3d-public] Agenda for X3D WG Open Meeting Wednesday 10th May 2017

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed May 10 08:46:07 PDT 2017

As for "What exactly character do we mean, when we say >>single quote<<" :

What does the XML standard do?

XML specification https://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/ talks abuot
single-quotes and double-quotes, and adds a lot of examples confirming
that they are the same thing as familiar ASCII characters ' and ".

XML specification says "apostrophe" only once, saying that

  """"
  the apostrophe or single-quote character (') may be represented as " ' "
  """"

... so it essentially says that "apostrophe" and "single-quote
character" are the same thing.

Michalis