[x3d-public] Agenda for X3D WG Open Meeting Wednesday 10th May 2017

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed May 10 09:06:39 PDT 2017

If we change the X3D XML specification to say that
  <Text string="foo" />
means that Text.string (MFString) has a single value, and is thus equal to
  <Text string= ' "foo" ' />

(extra spaces added only for readability above)

... then we need to be careful about backslashes. What happens here:

  <Text string='f\"oo' />

1. Is the backslash here visible? (As it would be, if Text.string
would be SFString)?

2. Or not visible? (As it would be, if backslash is used for escaping,
as in MFString)?

Probably 1. is better, but it's important in any case to say this
explicitly in the specification, also show this case as an example.

Michalis