[x3d-public] Agenda for X3D WG Open Meeting Wednesday 10th May 2017

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Wed May 10 14:10:02 PDT 2017

[added X3D WG]

The datatype is determined by the field (attribute name in XML-speak).
That is the only way to differentiate between SFString and MFString in
the following cases

XML: attribute=' "value" '
VRML: attribute "value"

In this case 'attribute' could be of type SFString or MFString. All are
legal constructs. The first case defines either an SFString or an
MFString containing exactly one element.

To specify a null array (an array with no elements) just brackets are used

XML: attribute=''
VRML: attribute [ ]

See
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19776-2/V3.3/Part02/EncodingOfFields.html#Description
for the spec text.

Leonard Daly

> Excuse me if I've missed it, but how do you specify an empty MFString array? If double quotes are optional, '' (empty attribute value) would mean an empty SFString, i.e. [""] if an MFString is expected, not [].
>
> Yves

*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant
LA ACM SIGGRAPH Chair