[x3d-public] Scripts and Proto-X in V4

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri May 26 19:17:08 PDT 2017

> not an implementation mandate.

well, there are and must be some defined results, like if a thing is
stated to be an x3d visualization/interaction, then it must be
produced using structure and syntax mandated by the x3d standard. Some
example user code and some example results of the execution model are
presented as an implementation standard which in most all cases must
be treated as a mandate. Regardless of the instantaneous style of the
code content of the bundle, if it can be reconstituted as standardized
x3d user code for x3d.versionWhatever, then it is x3d.

So, is that like saying that it doesn't matter what is under the
covers as long as it performs like x3d then it is x3d. BUt then, you
must be able to push the correct button that gets you human readable
user code syntax as defined in the X3d standard. For full x3d support,
there is the authortime user code structure and syntax. For the
runtime there are some defined results and we got some pictures from
the old days and some current and new tools that do both.

Thanks Again,
Joe