[x3d-public] rendering the X3D standard...is it extensive enough

Greg Couch gregc at cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed Oct 18 09:31:23 PDT 2017

On 10/18/2017 08:53 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> I am wondering if the X3D standard is complete or extensive enough to
> provide for pixel perfect equality between browsers.   This is
> important for archiving.   Has this been a goal?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Johb

Thanks for the laugh.  The OpenGL/Vulkan/Direct3D/etc. specifications
have never required pixel perfect equality between graphics cards, so it
has not ever been a goal AFAIK.  Are they close?  Yes, very close, but
not pixel perfect.  The great thing about X3D is that you're archiving
the description of the scene not the image of the scene.

    HTH,

    Greg