[x3d-public] Here's something worth tracking down Roy

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 07:04:30 PDT 2017

Everit validator, Roy’s schema:

json-schema 3.3 Validation error org.everit.json.schema.ValidationException: #/X3D/Scene/-children/0/Group/-children/0/Switch/-children/0/Shape/-geometry/PointSet: extraneous key [-normal] is not permitted C:/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/Scanning/X3dMeshDesignPattern.json
json-schema 3.3 Validation error org.everit.json.schema.ValidationException: #/X3D/Scene/-children/0/Group/-children/0/Switch/-children/1/Shape/-geometry/IndexedLineSet: extraneous key [-normal] is not permitted C:/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/Scanning/X3dMeshDesignPattern.json

Ajv reports nothing for Roy’s schema (bug?).

-normal is not allowed in V3.3 for PointSet or IndexedLineSet, I think.  They aren’t X3DComposedGeometryNode’s, and X3DGeometryNode doesn’t have normal in the object model.  Change the object model or the standard.

I doubt if points and lines have normals, so it’s likely the example is wrong, and roy’s schema is right.  If they are getting normals.  I will report an Ajv bug.