[x3d-public] Web3D Consortium draft H-Anim specification now publicly available for review

Anita Havele anita.havele at web3d.org
Thu Apr 26 18:13:04 PDT 2018

Dear X3D and H-Anim users,

The H-Anim working group has diligently worked for three years to update
the ISO 19774-1 Humanoid Animation Part I Architecture and 19774-2
H-Anim Part 2 Motion Animation standard. Now the H-Anim Working Group
needs your perusal to identify errors and offer questions, or
corrections, within the scope of editorial work approved by ISO SC24.
Our deadline is to ship Board-approved Draft International Standard
(DIS) prose by 31 May, 2018. Information assets include:

1. Urgent HAnim Specification Improvements for DIS Submission
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v1peZ-k-k4u6vGAAEHtw5qEN-3OTZmpN3Vg3kNJgVp4/edit#heading=h.lzthyde8dx5z>
on Google Docs.

2.  H-Anim DIS V2.0 document (19774-1 V2.0 DIS & 19774-2 V2.0 DIS) are
_now publicly available for review._
These documents are available in both HTML and ZIPped HTML format at:_
_http://www.web3d.org/content/h-anim-architecture-v2-cd
http://www.web3d.org/content/h-anim-motion-data-animation-v2-cd

All H-Anim Standards pages are listed
here:http://www.web3d.org/standards/h-anim).

We asking X3D and H-Anim experts to join the consortium and participate
is this important time sensitive task. Our Consortium relationships are
vital for managing this standard, we want your understanding of its
value. So please consider joining Web3D to influence Web3D technology of
the future. More information how to join the consortium is available
here: http://www.web3d.org/join.

This is especially important for current and future professionals who
consider ISO standards essential for their business and implementers. We
expect your creative juices will flow as you document our errors and
your corrections! Since we welcome improvements from the H-Anim
ecosystem at any time,  please document new functionality you want
separately but submit it with the requested evaluation.

Here’s how to help:
     Send review comments by email to *consortium at web3d.org
<mailto:consortium at web3d.org>or h-anim at web3d.org <mailto:h-anim at web3d.org>*
     Web3D teleconference calls each Wednesday 1700-1830 pacific.
     Please identify errors and potential corrections no later than *11
May 2018*

Thank you for all feedback and considering joining the consortium in
this crucial effort.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for additional information on how to
be a part of this community and evolve X3D!

**
--
Best regards,
Anita-Havele