[x3d-public] view3dscene-mobile is in progress - view X3D models on Android and iOS using Castle Game Engine

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 07:46:16 PST 2018

Of course, FPC (open-source Free Pascal Compiler that we use) has a target
to ARM (both 32 and 64 bit). It's a native code, no virtual machine. It
communicates with Java on Android using JNI, and with Objective-C on iOS
using normal library calls (since Objective-C is a native code too).

FPC has also a compiler to Java bytecode, so one can also compile Pascal to
Java bytecode and integrate with Android this way. But that's a little
different beast (the language has some constraints then, and of course you
don't have the native code speed then) so we don't use it for Castle Game
Engine.

Regards,
Michalis