[x3d-public] [OT] Playstation.VR

Tei oscar.vives at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 08:27:50 PST 2018

I recently bought a pair of VR glasses and entered the VR world.

Something I noticed is that game developers are still trying to invent
languages to allow this.

Some allow you to "teleport" you around the 3D world. And this feels
very artificial, but is convenient.  Others allow you to move, but is
kind of exhausting.

The PS4 have enough power to move this, but the brain can't do it for
long period of time, you get exhausted from doing anything VR for too
long periods.

One application I can't test, because is PC only, is VRChat,
apparently is kind of Second-Life it, has it allow people to upload
models and this create some fast and dirty culture where new geometry
is added quickly by the users and a meta culture evolve fast.

Sorry for the off-topic, and have fun X3D-doing :D

--Tei

postdata:
The numbers are not really positive, and it looks most people doing VR
are losing money. So the technology is here, but the business model is
lacking.  It may even "bounce" and to VR to fail if a killer app is
not invented soon.

ℱin del ℳensaje.