[x3d-public] Unexpected behaviour of X3D Validator; X3D regular expressions (regexes)

Frédéric Vogt frederic.vogt at alumni.anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 1 06:01:04 PDT 2018

Dear everyone,

Thanks for the insight. Vince, I confirm your find:

<?xml version=“1.0" encoding ="UTF-8"?>

fails the DOCTYPE tests, while:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

is a pass. The extra space right before the “=“ is the problem here. With this fix, my x3d files pass the X3D Validator (if small enough) and/or X3D Edit validations tests just fine. This doesn’t solve the limitations of the VTK X3D Exporter v0.9.1 I face by using mayavi, but at least I know how to properly fix the problems manually, now. This doesn’t fix the problem of the large file size incompatibility for older versions of Safari, but there’s nothing I can do there.

Thank you all for the support, very much appreciated. I’ll circulate a link to the scientific article once it gets out. Next step: put the model in VR.

Cheers,
Frédéric