[x3d-public] HAnim only skeleton renderable ?

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:44:33 PDT 2018

> In my first attempt to improve the implemention of  HAnim nodes and
> fields in x3dom, most (all?) shapes making up the Nancy humanoid from
> Nancy, native tags, were rendered multiple times, on top of each
> other.
> The reason turned out to be the USE references in the joints and
> segments field of Humanoid.
> Since a USE node places another instance of a DEF node into the scene
> graph, all the Shapes in the joint and segment nodes were duplicated.
>
> So my question is if only the nodes in the skeleton field should be
> rendered while the USE references in the joints and segments fields
> should not be rendered and are provided exclusively for other purposes
> (like kinematics) ? I could not quite answer that question from the
> standard language.

Indeed the contents of "HAnimHumanoid.joints" should not be rendered.

See
- My (from view3dscene and Castle Game Engine point of view) notes
about H-Anim on https://castle-engine.io/x3d_implementation_hanim.php
.
- Instant Reality overview of H-Anim usage:
http://doc.instantreality.org/tutorial/humanoid-animation/ .

Regards,
Michalis