[x3d-public] HAnim only skeleton renderable ?

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 19 15:09:18 PDT 2018

Please consider that each of the “sites” “segments” and “joints” nodes are very old and now artificial techniques for the author to indicate the actual nodes that were to be used in the animation. That way, the way it was intended to work is that a ‘standard’ model could be used for the skeleton then the author could include those duplicative lists of skeleton parts to be used. Probably not the best way to do it? The USE node is not even adequate notation for this and it was never intended to be.

Well, anyway, I have never found a vrml or x3d hanim player that actually needs those worthless lists that have now become actual USE nodes, for hecks’s sake. The best way to get rid of the problem is to get the site, segment, and joint lists.

These lists should be deleted from the standard because they are useless and error-prone in current xml and classic vrml implementations.

Thanks for noticing how this requirement has evolved to be an actual irritation and defect regarding author’s intent rather than just an unneeded artifact.

Thanks and best,
Joe

Sent from Mail for Windows 10