[x3d-public] HAnim Sites, motion

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:12:56 PDT 2018

> Similar to the Joints and Segments lists of Humanoid, there is also a
> Sites list as a field.
>
> I strongly suspect that the content of that sites field is also not
> supposed to be rendered, and only available as an (optional?)
> convenience. Is that correct ? I did not find an example which uses
> the sites field.

That is also how I understood and implemented H-Anim in Castle Game
Engine / view3dscene: "joints", "segments" and "sites" are not
rendered.

When traversing from HAnimHumanoid node, we traverse inside
"skeleton", "skin" and "viewpoints" (although "viewpoints" should not
have anything renderable of course).

You can take a look at my comments and implementation inside
THAnimHumanoidNode.DirectEnumerateActive in
https://github.com/castle-engine/castle-engine/blob/master/src/x3d/x3dnodes_standard_h-anim.inc#L445
where this logic is implemented:)

Regards,
Michalis