[x3d-public] X3D demo

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 06:38:57 PST 2018

Grammar > abstract types and protodeclares
Normally with protos, the first node in the proto body determines the type
of node the browser will treat it as.
There was an idea to make a new kind of proto that didn't expose its first
node. Rather, it somehow said what X3D abstract types it was derived from,
and the browser would treat it based on that.
But how all that would work was fuzzy - we don't normally mention abstract
types in our x3d/wrl file syntax. And browsers aren't expecting it, so
would need a major rework. But it seems in part a grammar issue: how to
express abstract types in x3d or other scene files.