[x3d-public] X3D JSON #comment and #sourceText as arrays?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Mar 7 09:44:09 PST 2018

On 3/7/2018 3:57 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> My X3D JSON code works much better when #comment and #sourceText values are arrays.  Perhaps we can adopt this as an option or a standard?  I’m not saying I can’t find a work around, just that it seems a lot easier to treat multiple lines as separate strings.

Hi John this sounds like a great idea.  Let's pursue.  Current approaches are documented at

	X3D JSON Encoding
	http://www.web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_JSON_Encoding

	X3D to JSON Stylesheet Converter
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/X3dToJson.html

We should also look ahead to

a. upgrading current X3D JSON Schema to correct internal flaws detected when validating X3D Examples suite (3900+ examples)
b. upgrading current X3D JSON Schema to latest draft-07 version, http://json-schema.org
c. once patterns are established, autogenerating that schema from X3D Unified Object Model
d. taking stock, are we ready to write X3D JSON Encoding Specification?