[x3d-public] vtk.js JSON format. Will X3DJSAIL output glTF?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue May 8 12:55:43 PDT 2018

Looking forward to learning more about kitware, it is very impressive.  tutorial sounds great!

John there are a few ways to get towards 2D visualization using X3D:
(a) Geometry2D nodes are specifically designed for simple 2D layouts within 3D space
(b) HTML interfaces together with (or even over/under) X3D scenes, using X3DOM or X_ITE.

As far as output conversions might go, mappings are needed first.  Especially for taking a model in X3D and re=expressing it in some other form, if you have such a mapping then someone can write a converter.  Availability of X3D Unified Object Model can simplify creating a converter, once the correspondences are understood.

Mappings to each of your candidates are likely possible and certainly interesting - I'd add GearVRF to your list.