[x3d-public] Setting up GitHub mirror of SourceForge SVN repository

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:49:02 PDT 2018

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) <brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:

> As before am thinking there may be 3 kinds/classes of projects to maintain and evolve:
>
> A. Controlled (such as draft spec) for private access and work by Web3D members;
> B. Curated (such as Schemas, DTDs, etc.) with public exposure, X3D Working Group review and approval;
> C. Community (such as X3D Examples Archives, maybe X3D Tooltips) that provided validated/verified public assets for X3D use & adoption.

BTW, in my dreams, in the future, this could change, to be a bit more open.

I don't want to entangle this discussion in this thread, as it is
unrelated to the current task (GitHub repo mirroring
https://sourceforge.net/projects/x3d/ ). But It's something I will
mention at some point in 2019 :) And in the meantime, you can find the
information on my wiki page (
https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/wiki/Allow-to-propose-the-specification-improvements-publicly%2C-using-something-like-GitHub-pull-requests
).

Regards,