[x3d-public] Pattern to drive algorithm to generate X3D procedurally

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 21 00:00:34 PDT 2018

On 9/21/18, John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> So here’s what I’m thinking.  I can have a pattern or family of patterns
> which an algorithm uses to generate X3D procedurally.
>
> Do you think this will work?  What other patterns/algorithms could be
> created?
>
> There might be something in UML?
>
> I believe “pattern” is the right word, but you might choose something
> better.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

you are looking for Generative Modelling witch is related to
Procedural generation[1]
there is a large 300 page Dissertation on Generative Modelling
Language (GML)[2] witch may give you are starting point

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_generation
[2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generative_Modelling_Language

tom