[x3d-public] 4th in a series. Huge libraries of commands

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:37:33 PDT 2019

The GUI.  The 80’s way to command a computer

We’ve pretty much come to expect mostly static pages, weenie languages and huge libraries.   Supported things by one’s libraries should include: Integrated Hypermedia (HyperMovie, HyperDocument, HyperShape); add Stochastic (semi-Random), Chaotic (Fluid), Quantum, or Meta to the previous; add Live (Animated) to the previous, add Editable to the previous, HyperProjector, HumanSenseSpaceTime, ProjectorSpaceTime, TouchScreen, HumanBody, InputKeyboard, InputMouse, InputCamera, InputMicrophone, InputSpaceTime, Intersection, Collision.

Thanks to Bret Victor and Alan Kay for Space and Projector (see DynamicLand).  Thanks to X3D, PostScript and HTML for HumanBody, HyperMovie, HyperDocument, and HyperShape (Don’t ask me why it took so long to add Movie and Shape to HTML, these things have to be standardized, I guess).

X3D has Movie, HumanBody, Transform, ROUTE (networks between hypermedia), and Shape, let’s pick up Document with X3Dv4 to be hypermedia providers.

The more I think about what X3D offers declaratively over other options, the more I like it.   What I would like to see is the capabilities of SVG merged with X3D, intelligently.  Likely, I am limited currently by my graphics card.   Anyone know?

All, can you add any more media, inputs or outputs?   Thanks!