[x3d-public] Do modern browsers DO VRML??

iam here iamhereintheworld at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 05:38:26 PST 2019

Thanks Vince. My "goal" is to do 3D on the web - both worlds, as well as
individual models maybe. Can you just tell me if learning VRML can be used
as a precursor to learning X3D? The reason I ask is because I already have
an oooold VRML book (dating from '97 - and which I've already read half of,
btw), and my copy of the "X3D" book - by Don Brutzman and Leonard Daly is
on the way - it's not here yet.  If I wanted to do the above, which one
would I use - VRML or X3D? That is to say, should I start straightaway with
the X3D book, or is the VRML book still relevant (ie. X3D is a SUPERSET of
VRML)?

One of the MAIN things I would like to do is to use Blender, make models in
it, and then put them inside a website and "tamper" with them in
Javascript. Blender is going to release a major release soon (2.8), and I
downloaded a Beta - unfortunately, there's no "export to X3D" yet :(
Hopefully it will be there once the actual release happens.

Thanks for you guys' help :)