[x3d-public] Do modern browsers DO VRML??

vmarchetti at kshell.com vmarchetti at kshell.com
Sun Feb 17 06:57:05 PST 2019

Ok, I misspoke, or was very imprecise to the point of being incorrect.

The 'more complex features' I was thinking of was XML namespaces; the XML encoding of X3D does not define an x3d namespace, and taken rigourously, the standard does not allow for including XML elements from other namespaces.
And, the XML encoding does not use the type system from XML Schema -- https://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/> -- but uses the types as defined in the X3D Specification.

But, the XML encoding of X3D respects all the syntax rules in XML and the XML toolset is available for using with *.x3d files; XSLT is an important part of my kit for creating X3D files.

Vince