[x3d-public] Good books

GLG info at 3dnetproductions.com
Sat Jan 12 00:04:54 PST 2019

Hello,

I have never heard of that 2012 book you mentioned, but the one you have from 2007 is perfectly fine, and you can always find the latest specification updates at web3d.org. But like Joe has already said, try to work by following examples of what interests you. There are more than one way to go about doing similar things (like using a Web3D browser or embedded directly in HTML5) that can have significant differences at the core. This may seems strange to you, but the more you can go back in time and understand the history of X3D, the more you'll be able to get a grasp of "the whole thing". Having said that, I still find old VRML books to be useful, and there are several of those. X3D is kind of the same (I sometimes even mix the two together), just much more advanced as it is done in XML encoding. You may find this mailing list a little technical for a beginner, but there's also a new Facebook group that may work well for you at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/web3d/

Cheers,

Gina-Lauren