[x3d-public] Anchor target within scene

Albert Jan Wonnink awonnink at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 12 12:18:48 PST 2019

Hi Leonard,

Allowing to specify a target in 3d (either a transform or an inline) seems to me a natural extension of a concept in 2d to 3D browsing.

It looks to me that when the target was defined as property in https://doc.x3dom.org/author/Networking/Anchor.html, the editors were mainly considering having 3d parts in a 2d webpage, not so much browsing in XR.

This video demonstrates the feature as I described in my previous post on HoloLens: https://youtu.be/B99DJsXxtho
But it appeared to be quite powerful, and also used for example on different (3d) webpages to allow users to choose background music, switch on extra lights etc.

Regards,

Albert Jan