[x3d-public] X3DPSAIL no need to wrap simple types; PyJNIus issues isolated; work next on native Python package

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Jul 7 07:13:27 PDT 2019

Let's not remove anything yet while refining design, but tuneups of stylesheets/java subdirectory entries that match your separate-branch improvements are welcome.

We still need to refine the syntax for pythonic keyword arguments and contained elements as the python package evolves.

Thus all the examples will change.  Nevertheless when we update the design document, we will likely want to document each of the candidate syntaxes are explored so that various alternatives are well explained.

Thanks John.

On 7/6/2019 8:22 PM, John Carlson wrote:
>  >> Also see minimal.py I suggest we work with the in short term.
>
>  >Looks like you changed it... as discussed, use of an invalid fragment and focusing on IS with ProtoInstance leaps right to the more-obscure boundaries of the language.  This raises more questions than answers and is not good for design checks.  If you ever want a super-simple test scene, just excerpt X3D-Scene-Shape-Sphere from HelloWorld.x3d as a minimalist valid model.
>
> Yes, but it’s likely that that simple test scene would pass muster.   What I was trying to do was create an example similar to other failed examples, so we could potentially convert to Java (and add more of the scene) for testing.

rephrasing my point with strictly measurable terms: a syntactically correct fragment is possible but this one is not valid, not renderable, and not a complete model.  Thus not very useful for basic design but certainly an edge case to consider for thoroughness.

YMMV, whatever works.

> Would you like me to remove *.*future*.py files from GitHub x3dpsail and www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/java/src/python/pyjnius folder?   Also edit xml2all.js to not create the *.future.py files?

i think we will be glad later that we didn't remove anything until final syntax has emerged, with documentation all caught up and thorough.