[x3d-public] Search by 3d model

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Mon Jul 22 14:56:17 PDT 2019

John,

Browsers do not support plugins anymore. You can have an add-on, but the
processing is not the same.

The site (http://shape.cs.princeton.edu/search.html) does not say, but I
suspect that their database is rather outdated now because they don't
have recent formats (sketch-up, FBX, glTF). I am not sure that the
engine would be of much use. The research work they are doing might be,
but it does not appear to be publicly implemented at this time.

I don't think a scene graph would be a good way to go. The same visual
model may be represented in significantly different scene graphs. I
still my original suggestion of keyword and/or image search would be best.

Leonard Daly