[x3d-public] X3D Semantic Web announce: new X3D Ontology

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Jun 18 20:41:16 PDT 2019

More experimentation and development by Jakub and I today.

svn log:
refined X3D datatypes and added initial descriptions. added x3d: namespace (also in schema), added ObjectProperties and DatatypeProperties; performed first query

On 6/18/2019 8:18 AM, Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) wrote:
>>[...]
>> 	X3D 4.0 Ontology (initial draft)
>> 	URI<http://www.web3d.org/semantics/ontologies/X3dOntology4.0#>
>
> Temporary address (pending website adjustment request)
>
> 	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/semantics/ontologies/X3dOntology4.0.ttl

Performed first query in Protege on the ontology metamodel:

SELECT ?subject ?object
	WHERE {
?subject rdfs:range <http://www.web3d.org/semantics/ontologies/X3dOntology4.0#X3DChildNode>.
}

Result: hasChildren hasProxy hasRootNode

hooray!  8)

TODO: lots and lots.

a. automate build uploads
b. automate TTL validation using Manchester OWL2 validator
    http://mowl-power.cs.man.ac.uk:8080/validator/
c. start a SPARQL query file of standalone-ontology metamodel examples.
d. figure out how to load an X3D model in combination with ontology to perform model (and) queries.
e. triage SPARQL: works, doesn't work, questionable.
f. gain ability to perform tests from Ant build scripts and log results into version control for diff and discussion.

We have a lot in there already but Jakub is approximately three QUDT:light-year units ahead of me so it will be good too establish our tool chain for X3D Ontology validation, testing, etc.  This will lead to good understanding of what works, shine a light on what is questionable, and allow us to proceed carefully and incrementally without introducing inadvertent errors as we go.