[x3d-public] X3D Semantic Web announce: new X3D Ontology

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jun 19 17:15:59 PDT 2019

Today's update:  better property naming, hasParent* instead of isChildrenOf.  add superproperties hasChild and inverse hasParent which work for both nodes and statements.

	X3D Ontology 4.0 (initial draft)
	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/semantics/ontologies/X3dOntology4.0.ttl

Interesting experimentation - recommended tool is Protege.  "Protégé is a free, open-source ontology editor and framework for building intelligent systems.  Protégé is supported by a strong community of academic, government, and corporate users, who use Protégé to build knowledge-based solutions in areas as diverse as biomedicine, e-commerce, and organizational modeling."

	Protégé
	https://protege.stanford.edu

Also applied and checked in corresponding changes to X3D XML Schema and X3D Unified Object Model (X3DUOM):

	X3D Specifications: Schema and DOCTYPE Validation
	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/

	X3D Unified Object Model (X3DUOM)
	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3DUOM.html

X3D XML Schema update activity:
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-schema-changelog.txt

19 JUN 2019, brutzman, flotynski
- Add x3d: namespace to each X3D schema
- Change MFBool to regex-based string type, thus allowing optional intermediate commas
- Annotate some regex-based string types with corresponding xsdType as extra typing information for X3DUOM

Schema/X3DUOM updates also deployed to

	X3D Java Scene Access Interface Library (X3DJSAIL) implements the entire X3DUOM.
	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3DJSAIL.html

Having fun with X3D information model!  8)

Don and Jakub