[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL, x3dpsail early access "package" releases with some example code.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed May 22 01:38:13 PDT 2019

https://github.com/coderextreme/x3dpsail (you’ll have to figure out how to install dependencies, main dependency is pyjnius, don’t run setup.py yet).   Also, there’s no way to generate python from XML in this release, which massively simplifies it—Jupyter Lab, Jupyter Notebook, Conda, PyCharm, VSC, NetBeans and Python command-line programmers welcome to test this release.

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSAIL

Early feedback welcome, before we have a formal release!

Documenters, package maintainers, configuration management, and continuous integration volunteers welcome to help us finish the x3dpsail release.

x3dpsail deprecates the old pythonSAI package.  Conversions to python will move entirely to X3DJSONLD, I believe, or will be replaced by a stylesheet in X3DJSAIL.

If you want to display a 3D scene with x3dpsail, use Jupyter Lab, X3DObject.toStringX3D(), tack on X3DOM JS and CSS includes in HTML to the front and send to the HTML function.   An example of X3DOM XML code is shown here: https://qiita.com/tenfu2tea/items/024d89564b9b316477ac