[x3d-public] why won't x_cite run this?JoeSkinTexcoordDisplacerKick

Holger Seelig holger.seelig at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 5 23:53:02 PDT 2019

You only need to add HAnimJoint nodes to the list of joint nodes of
HAnimHumanoid which affect the coordinate animation, ie. HAnimJoint
nodes that have skinCoordIndex.length != 0. I think this is right,
skinning coords must be added to skinCoord of HAnimHumanoid, and
skinning joints must be added to joints of HAnimHumanoid. This is a hint
to the browser, and the joint field must for good for something. The
specification does not say much about these fields, maybe there should
be a better explanation for what these fields are good.

I attached the file with HAnimJoint nodes added in line 230, words well.

Found a second issue in the file, there are only 4 texCoord and no
texCoordIndex, ie. coordIndex is used. There are a lot indices but only
four tex coord points. The specification is clear in that point: If the
greatest index in the /coordIndex/ field is N, then there shall be N+1
texture coordinates in the /X3DTextureCoordinateNode/ node
(https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/geometry3D.html#IndexedFaceSet).
Otherwise the behavior is undefined, X3DOM uses modulo to determine tex
coords, X_ITE has another way to do, don't know what other browsers do.

Best regards,
Holger

--
Holger Seelig