[x3d-public] Removal of Layout component in X3D v4

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 11:36:58 PDT 2019

Holger, Michalis et al,
I third both motions.
1) Layout/Layer - I remember thinking there was something a bit strange and
fuzzy-thought maybe Scene:Layer and Layout:Layer would make some sense as
long as you can route or hyper-route between them, in other words instead
of Layer as a node type buried in a scene, it could be a hyperscene of some
sort.
So maybe some refactoring. But seemed handy - I like it.
2) DIS - I implemented just so I could cross the FULL finish line for
bragging rights, but no one has asked for it, and I keep it disabled in the
browser unless specifically turned on by commandline option by user. It
doesn't fit well with what we are doing -some military-specific nodes- but
other multi-player designs might be interesting perhaps at a hyper-scene
level rather than buried in scene nodes.
Doug Sanden, FreeWRL