[x3d-public] X3D Working Group teleconference agenda 11 OCT: implementations status, mantis issues

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Oct 10 22:12:01 PDT 2019

The X3D Graphics Working Group addresses all X3D specification issues and coordinates the technical development of future improvements.
	http://www.web3d.org/working-groups/x3d

Members and invited experts are welcome.  We are an open organization. Please let us know if you have an important topic to present or discuss.

Each week we report out both public and member-only information - membership has value.  To become a Web3D Consortium member:
	Join the Web3D Consortium
	http://www.web3d.org/join

Teleconference information appears below.

==================================

1. Agenda check - comments and additions please.

Recent minutes:

[1] [x3d-public] X3D minutes 4 OCT 2019: X3D-glTF review, defer Annotations, Layout component, #X3Dv4 implementations/issues update
     http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2019-October/011315.html

==================================

2. *Proposed Web3D User Experience (Web3DUX) Working Group*

Meetings have started, each Monday 09-1000 immediately following X3D Semantic Web Working Group.  Led by Dr. Feng Liu of Mercer University, we are working on charter and scope.

[2] [x3d-public] 3 OCT 2019 - Web3dUX working group(proposed) meeting minutes

==================================

3. *X3D Semantic Web Working Group*

Much progress.  Paper accepted to Semantic Web Pro, additional papers planned.

[3] [x3d-public] Minutes X3D Semantic Web 7 OCT 2019: X3D Ontology improvements review, X3dToTurtle.xslt plans
     http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2019-October/011324.html

Key page reflecting steady progress:

	X3D Ontology for Semantic Web
	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/semantics/semantics.html

Further activity this week:
a. New semantics-public mailing list has been established.  Page updates and announcements to follow.

b. X3dToTurtle.xslt unit testing on X3D Examples Archives now instrumented for full unit testing of 3000+ scenes.  (Full uploads in morning.)  Available at

	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Examples
	Hello World .ttl Turtle source (experimental) with SPARQL query
	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorld.ttl
	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorld.rq.txt

==================================

4. *X3D Implementations*. Review and update page.

	X3Dv4 Implementations Status
	http://www.web3d.org/x3dv4-implementations

Proposed changes for group discussion, review, improvement:

	[x3d-public] X3Dv4 page edits, status update
	http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2019-October/011343.html

Review of
	X3D Node and Statement Inventory Comparison
	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.pdf
	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.xslx

Discussion topic: is HTML5 support appropriate fit for X3Dv4 profile, or component?

New draft page for discussion:

	X3Dv4 Highlights
	https://www.web3d.org/x3dv4-highlights

==================================

5. *Issues Inventory*.  Mantis review, have we tagged all relevant issues as #X3Dv4 ?

	Mantis Issue Tracker
	https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

==================================

6. *Additional Progress*.

After long interval, X3D-Edit v3.3 preliminary tests are again satisfactorily on Netbeans 8.2 (with Java 1.8) and now Netbeans 11.1 (OpenJDK 13).

	X3D-Edit Authoring Tool for Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics
	https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/X3D-Edit.html

==================================

7. *Teleconference Information*

We have switched to Zoom channel, to good effect.  It allows use of internet audio, screen sharing and chat with links.

We meet regularly on Fridays 0800-0930 pacific.  To join the teleconference:
	Web3D Teleconference
	http://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

* Friday          08-1000 pacific, Join URL https://zoom.us/j/148206572 for X3D Working Group

One tap mobile
* US (New York) +19292056099,,148206572 #
* US (San Jose) +16699006833,,148206572 #

Dial by your location, using (nine-digit number from Join URL above)

* US (New York) +1 929 205 6099
* US (San Jose) +1 669 900 6833