[x3d-public] Web3DUX "wannabe" working group minutes 30 OCT 2019:mission statement

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 16:35:42 PDT 2019

I would like to suggest a “Semantics” Navigation Type where the scenegraph “folds”/animates into a semantics hierarchy or graph, similar to OSNAP or Windows Explorer.  Interaction will be like Windows Explorer.

I would also like to suggest a “Drawing, Map or Floor Plan” Navigation type where the 3D world becomes 2D maps, one or more for each floor level. Hopefully animation from 3D to 2D to 3D will be provided.  Interaction will be like a 2D CAD system.

I don’t know how to specify such things.  I don’t even know if they’re navigation types.

I believe this would complete my vision of Web3DUX browsers, except for interactive leaves and water.

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10