[x3d-public] Translation between Sign Markup Languages, Converting Markup Languages, JSON to Scene Ontological Text (waiting for examples)

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 18 08:46:55 PDT 2019

HI John,
I think the big idea would be to try and follow the chemML to x3d transformation using xml stylesheet approach.
If someone can establish an xml  vocabulary with some visual reference that can be implemented using arrangements of visual symbols and movements, then x3d can do it. The hanim hands can fully animate the poses, it is just associating a vocabulary element with a pose, and of course somebody actually formulating the user code to produce the poses using the ‘standard’ hanim hands.
Especially the 3D aspects of actual movement in z can help expressiveness. Another hard part is transitioning from one presentation smoothly to the next. Pick out 30 or so important poses that are encoded in signwriting and lets see if some hanim hand poses can be set. We already have some x3d examples of some simple hand animations.

the best of the
Thanks,
Joe