[x3d-public] glTF asset metadata support

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 19:15:49 PST 2020

There is currently an industry effort to define better structured metadata
discussed here:

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF/pull/1553

This effort follows the XMP standard used for some media.

I believe for x3dom we made an attempt to preserve metadata when inlining
gltf. Yes, here is the relevant translation in code:

https://github.com/x3dom/x3dom/blob/16cdee773c81f388c4b46b8aae76384a59dd1ecd/src/util/glTF/glTF2Loader.js#L55-L157

The asset info goes into a worldinfo, and extras for other items go into
metadata.

Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 09:08:13 -0800