[x3d-public] Sound component: Sound effects processing summary, Collision proxy for computational reduction

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Jul 31 16:32:56 PDT 2020

Continuing with the cone fields for SpatialSound, have checked in the following refinement.  Please check, thanks.

   SFFloat  [in,out] coneInnerAngle    6.2832    [0,2π]
   SFFloat  [in,out] coneOuterAngle    6.2832    [0,2π]
   SFFloat  [in,out] coneOuterGain     0         (-∞,∞)

The coneInnerAngle is centered along direction and defines the inner conical volume, inside of which no source gain reduction occurs. The coneOuterAngle is centered along direction and defines an outer conical volume, within which the sound gain decreases linearly from full gain to coneOuterGain. Outside of coneOuterAngle, gain equals coneOuterGain. The value of coneOuterAngle is greater than or equal to coneInnerAngle. Corresponding gain reductions for 2D and 3D spatial panning between this source and a viewer (or ListenerPoint) are shown in Figure 16.3.

Also added the following sentence at the end of

* 16.2.2 Sound attenuation and spatialization

"These planar gain-reduction relationships pertain to relative direction of current viewer and also any ListenerPoint nodes."

v/r Don