[x3d-public] Deep Learning AI solves PDEs and Navier-Stokes in Fourier space

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:31:09 PST 2020

Just click away from the "subscribe" window.  You don't have to give
credentials, AFAIK.

I agree one must compare against reality!  Isn't that what wind tunnels are
for?

I think the main point is, we can save a ton of supercomputer time, once
the networks are trained.

I forgot to put "solve" in quotes as the article did.  Important
difference!   Thanks!

Hmm.  I know that a generative adversarial network (GAN) can drastically
improve the results from a neural network.  My guess is that the deep
learning system has a way of testing the "solution."   So you have one
neural network generating the "solution," and one saying if the "solution"
is good or not.  I am not sure if something like that was used here or
not.  My guess is one must read the paper behind the article.

John