[x3d-public] announce: X3D4 updates

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Oct 14 17:02:15 PDT 2020

I have updated X3D4 nodes and fields and documentation to support all changes for Physically Based Rendering (PBR) and glTF, plus most changes for Projective Texture Mapping (PTM).

a. X3D XML Schema and DOCTYPE
b. X3D Unified Object Model (X3DUOM)
    https://www.web3d.org/specifications/

c. X3DJSAIL: X3D Java Scene Access Interface Library
    http://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3DJSAIL.html

d. X3DPSAIL (Python X3D Package)
    https://pypi.org/project/x3d/
    https://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/python/python.html

e. X3D Ontology (Turtle)
    https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/semantics/semantics.html

f. X3D JSON
    https://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/X3dToJson.html

g. X3D Tooltips
    https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html

h. X3D Validator
    https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator/

i. X3D Specification (github), editorial smoothing continues
    https://github.com/Web3DConsortium

Needless to say, it takes a lot of cross-checking to get all this to hang together.  That is good, high reliability.

Everything is published and checked into version control, along with build output logs for comparison.

Next, I expect one more X3D4 update prior to Web3D 2020 Conference:

- Sound component updates for W3C Audio API,
- A few more hanges to PTM (texture transform, X3DLightingNode) resolution planned for this friday
- shadowIntensity, in or out?

At that point we will have the entire infrastructure needed to support all X3D4 implementation capabilities.  No really.

All feedback and testing welcome.  Have fun with X3D4!  8)