[x3d-public] announce: X3D4 updates

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:05:22 PDT 2020

<x3dscript> offered for experimental purposes by Don (you'll have to search
for x3dscript):

http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2020-June/012829.html

Please find W3C text that allows "field" and "IS" under script/Script.

Suggestions on how to proceed with fields under HTML5 script welcome.
 Does x_ite_dom do this?

Or:  script is not an X3DOM node, and cannot be instantiated within the
X3DOM scenegraph.

Andreas has already shown how to disable a script node by adding a
non-processed type.  Perhaps we can use that here.

I will proceed more today with additional testing.  I do not think it will
be an issue to change X3DScript to Script if that's possible.

John