[x3d-public] Fwd: Priorities

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:09:27 PDT 2020

Yes, I’ve added the field types.

Now the question for the master branch is, what JavaScript is necessary to
add fields to X3DScripts, and how do we mesh Protos with X3DScripts.

The question for the Script branch is whether it’s going to work with
existing X3DOM architecture, in particular, what were the issues behind
previous implementation efforts. I think the best way forward would be
implement a new scripting language for script nodes which includes fields.
  We should be able to follow brython’s example.

For me, the failures of previous attempts were found in the debugger.  If I
recall correctly,  the Script node or field node was not considered first
class X3DOM nodes so we couldn’t route to/from it.   I need to start the
debugger again.