[x3d-public] X_ITE 4.6.11 shows nothing 8-(

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 2 13:57:15 PDT 2020

https://wdune.ourproject.org/examples/human.html

Thanks, Now I see it. Example of a female with real skin, not segment geometries, walking using practically the same animation as ‘original’ Nancy walk.
All will work better if all joints 0 0 1 0 for initial pose.
With all skin index weights at 1 there will be bad deformations, so tune those weights (lessen) for vertices near the joints.
I suggest a simple text editor for this type of clean up.
There are other ‘standard’ animations in the attached example which might also be applied to your human.x3dv model.
Since I saw the name Nancy, I looked back at an old “Nancy walks” by Cindy Ballreich example using segment geometries that has somehow over the years has apparently disappeared from the web3d archives. The original animation was a Nancy walking and running that is also used in several ‘Standard’ characters in the collection, as well as added some other animations for demo. You need a headlight or other light to show the model

Thanks and Best,
Joe