[x3d-public] testing blnder 2.8 and tinygltf

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 01:47:49 PDT 2020

The GLB you attached renders OK in view3dscene / Castle Game Engine. That
is, I see something similar to your screenshot from Blender. So I would say
that Blender + glTF file are correct, and something further down the line
(maybe tinygltf or glview) did something wrong. I guess they applied flat
shading for some reason.

Looking at my glTF -> X3D import, I do not touch X3D colorPerVertex at all.
That is, it is always left as "true" (default value) when importing glTF.

Moreover, colorPerVertex has no meaning in case of IndexedTriangleStripSet
, IndexedTriangleSet , IndexedTriangleFanSet that I use to express glTF
meshes. The X3D spec for them explicitly says """The value of the
colorPerVertex field is ignored and always treated as TRUE.""" (
https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/rendering.html#IndexedTriangleSet
). I realize this info may be irrelevant to you, if you express glTF mesh
using a different geometry like IndexedFaceSet :)

I'm attaching a screenshot from view3dscene, and also X3D version of it
(done by view3dscene opening GLB, and then "File -> Save As..." to get it
in X3D format).

Regards,
Michalis