[x3d-public] DIS examples...no hits against VPN multicast DIS server

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 03:56:03 PST 2021

We had success with open-dis-python running the receiver on my openvpn
client machine (with the VPN server and DIS sender running elsewhere).
When we tried to run the receiver elsewhere, no luck.

I was able to modify X3D resources examples which contained address= to
point to our DIS server, which was similar to the dis_receiver.py found
in open-dis-python.

It didn't appear like any of the examples I tried from X3D resources
examples contacted the DIS receiver.

I will try to meet with Christoph V or Don or someone to figure out
what's going on.  I have not delved deep into the X_ITE codebase yet to
see if DIS is fully implemented.

How does one define success with a DIS webapp?  What's the best X3D
browser for DIS?