[x3d-public] C++ API examples—get on board

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:11:22 PDT 2021

I am starting to “rev up” for translating X3D JSON examples to C++ (I am
unsure of C SAI, my system is Linux, and I am unaware of C# on the
platform. Xamarin?).   I plan to use gcc or llvm (preferences?).   If
someone has a preference for C++ IDE on Linux, speak up.   It’s probably
been 14+ years since I touched C++.

If there’s a preference for language to write the converter in, speak up,
or I will use JavaScript.   I already have a JSON to XML converter in C++,
so I may be able to use that.

I have seen 4 examples included in the C SAI and I may choose to follow
that pattern for simplicity’s sake.   Opinions?

If anyone has an idea for generating converters instead of hand writing
converters, please speak up.   I know there are source code translators out
there (Rose), but I’m not sure which platform they run on at this point.