[x3d-public] Experience with conversions.

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jul 12 16:41:48 PDT 2023

John, to ensure there is no unintended misunderstanding:  X3D is designed and specified so that it might work equivalently across all file encodings, programming languages, operating systems, and presentation platforms.

“Are we there yet?” well I guess not, but it does feel like we are steadily improving, especially with finalization of X3D 4 Architecture providing a common functional definition throughout.

So all successes are compliance, and all gaps are therefore either erroneous model content or else incomplete implementations. Quality assurance (QA) efforts continue.

*	X3D Resources: Quality Assurance (QA)
*	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#QualityAssurance

Onward we go.  Have fun with X3D!   8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics https://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman