[x3d-public] Experience with conversions.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:45:21 PDT 2023

We will try to report our experience later, probably at a conference. Joe
gave me a file that wouldn't load into view3dscene (thanks, Joe!).  As far
as I could tell, I converted to XML using x3d-tidy, then to Classic VRML
using tovrmlx3d.exe.  Then the Classic VRML worked in both places.  I
didn't even have to reorder USE and DEF for skinCoord.

Also, I did report difficulty with X3D-Edit issues with generating VRML,
but I don't think the files were passing validation.   I don't know how to
validate VRML except by converting to XML which Holger's tool does well.
Michalis' tool reported that there needed to be a DEF, but pointed at the
end of the file? WTF?

More to come at conference.

John