[x3d-public] Problem in x3dviewscene: ROUTE placement

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 9 13:37:36 PDT 2023

Hi All,
My problem with view3dscene 4.3.0 is that it quits reading upon this sequence:

DEF StandAnimation Group {
children [
DEF StandTimer TimeSensor { … }
DEF Stand_r_metatarsalPitch OrientationInterpolator {
  key [ … ]
  keyValue [ ... ]} ...
ROUTE StandTimer.fraction_changed TO Stand_r_ankleRotInterp.set_fraction
]}
…

When it finds a ROUTE as child of Group. The error is:

VRML/X3D: Error when reading, will skip the rest of X3D file:
Error at line 661 column 6:
Expected node type or DEF or USE, got keyword "ROUTE"
Making this construction required.

DEF StandAnimation Group {
children [
DEF StandTimer TimeSensor { … }
DEF Stand_r_metatarsalPitch OrientationInterpolator {
  key [ … ]
  keyValue [ ... ]} ...
]}
ROUTE StandTimer.fraction_changed TO Stand_r_ankleRotInterp.set_fraction
…

Moving the Route outside the Group.
I think we went through the gram in detail here and found that placing the statement in this MF should be OK.

Thanks,
Joe

Clipped for mercy

VRML/X3D: Error when reading, will skip the rest of X3D file: Error at line 661 column 6: Expected node type or DEF or USE, got keyword "ROUTE"

I was hoping we could fix this player problem since we determined that a ROUTE statement can go anywhere in the file.
Thanks,
Joe