[x3d-public] Problem in x3dviewscene: ROUTE placement

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:10:47 PDT 2023

The ROUTE cannot go anywhere in the file, in particular you cannot
place it inside an MFNode.

https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19776-2/V3.3/Part02/concepts.html
: ROUTE is allowed at top-level and in node's body,

"""
A node's body consists of any number of field statements, IS
statements, ROUTE statements, PROTO statements or EXTERNPROTO
statements, in any order.
"""

The grammar confirms this precisely:

https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19776-2/V3.3/Part02/grammar.html
:

- mfnodeValue is a sequence of nodeStatement
- nodeStatement is only "USE ...", "DEF Xxx Node { }" or "Node { }"
- only the more general "statement" allows ROUTE (and IMPORT, EXPORT,
PROTO...). The "statement" is inside a node (but not in MFNode list).

Regards,
Michalis