[x3d-public] X3D JSON Schema: Added @name to ProtoInstance @USE nodes

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:04:38 PDT 2023

I've added @name to go with @USE in ProtoInstance as a possible property in
X3D JSON Schema.  If someone kicks me about adding other nodes (Metadata*?)
to this list, I'll probably get to them sooner or later.

But the standard says this, just saying:

https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-IS.proof/Part01/concepts.html#DEF_USE_Semantics

If someone has a better reference to using /name/ along with /USE/ let me
know, I've just been trying to follow along on the email list, and that's
probably the wrong thing to do.  I realize that encodings may deviate from
the Architecture.

I've checked in the schemas, but not the schema generator.

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/tree/master/src/main/schema.

This is primarily stemming from Holger's x3d-tidy tool, which
produces @name fields in ProtoInstance in JSON.   Updates are welcome!

Compare X3dToJson.xslt output (next) to x3d-tidy JSON output (after that)

$ grep @name arcold.json |wc
     46      46    1873
(venv)
john at DESKTOP-8OPL3IE MINGW64 ~/X3DJSONLD/src/main/data (master)
$ grep @name arcold.x3dj |wc
     54     106    2109

This is just to get me through a sticky point in X3DJSONLD.