[x3d-public] VariationPhysicsModel for ParticleSystem using programmable shaders

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 17:24:11 PDT 2024

Holger, I would like to provide 2 sets of (SFVec3f of values as well as an
SFVec3f of variation corresponding to the values).  My thought is to use
PhysicsModels in the ParticleSystems.  These are not emitters, but
something more like a WindPhysicsModel, they parametrically alter the shape
of geometry over time in a ComposedShader.  There are actually 6 individual
SFFloats of values, so technically, I might use 6 WindPhysicsModels,
sending speed into the programmable shader, and providing gustiness for
variation.  But this is not wind, and AFAIK, X_ITE and Sunrize does wind
with the WindPhysicsModel.  Is there another PhysicsModel available, or
should I write my own?

Would it be better to use 2 MFFloats, and how do I send an MFFloat to the
ComposedShader?

Thanks!